I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:10-11

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Strength for the Weary

Last night I went to bed really discouraged.  It had been one of those days.  I felt like I had worked hard all day but there was so much to be done.  I started feeling sorry for myself... how in the world am i supposed to do all of the things expected of me... cook, clean, teach, plan lessons, do laundry, grade papers, plan meals and on and on and on... I went to bed sulking.  Oh, and I didn't mention I was a day and a half behind on my Bible in 90 days reading.

Praise God his mercies are new every morning.  I got up this morning feeling less tired... still feeling a little overwhelmed but ready to start the day.  I checked in with my Hello Mornings accountability group on Twitter and then settled down to do my bible reading.  As I reached the end of yesterday's reading I read:

31 but those who hope in the LORD 
   will renew their strength. 
They will soar on wings like eagles; 
   they will run and not grow weary, 
   they will walk and not be faint.  Isaiah 40:31



...a verse I had read many times but one I read with fresh eyes this morning.  I went back and reread the whole of chapter 40.

Why is it that we can hope in the Lord and be strengthened?

The vastness of God is woven all through the chapter...

God's word endures forever
           He is a loving and tender shepherd
                               He measures the waters in the hollow of his hand
                                                He holds the dust of the earth in a basket
                                                                    He weighs the mountains on scales
                               Entire nations are like a drop in a bucket to him
             His breath is the wind
                                             He holds the stars in place and calls them each by name
                                                          He does not grow weary or tired.

Wow!  How mighty is He!! This is the God I can put my hope in! He is the one who renews my strength!

No matter what you are facing today put your hope in the one that can make a difference... trust in his strength to renew yours.

1 comment:

  1. what a great encouragement Rusheika - thankyou!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete