I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:10-11

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lessons from Life #1: Stay on Track

Marcus is 10 months old now and one of the things he does is crawl around, following me around the house like little ones tend to, especially when he wants something.  He will also crawl to me when I call his name and motion for him to come to me.  This evening I wanted him to follow me from the kitchen to the living room.

"Come with Mommy, Marcus!"
         He started off strong... looking right at me, smiling and bounding towards me...

...about three steps later something on the floor caught his attention.

Again I called and motioned " Come Marcus, follow Mommy!"
                 He looked up smiled and continued to follow...

... until two steps later something else caught his attention and he was about to circle around and go the other way.

                                  "No Marcus, come this way!"

This continued on, stopping and starting for several more steps until eventually I bent down and picked him up and carried him to the couch.

As I reflected on that it made me think of my spiritual journey.

God calls me to something, maybe a ministry, a job he has for me, a discipline or habit he wants to form in my life.   At first I happily follow with energy and vigor... full steam ahead!

      Then sometimes I get distracted along the way.  I get tired, life gets in the way.  I take my eyes off my Father.

                   He calls me back to Him.

Over and over.
     
        He never gets tired.
               And when the journey gets long or difficult
                                       He gently reaches down and carries me. 

Can you relate?  Have you been distracted lately?

                    Focus on God.
                              He will restore you and renew your strength.
                                                                         He will keep you on track


"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."  Heb 12:2

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31














1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, true words Rusheika. Not sure whether you saw the movie "UP", but I am like those dogs who are tracking diligently then someone just says "Squirrel!" and I dash off in the wrong direction. Thank heaven for grace, right??

    ReplyDelete